FAS Website Guide
- Widgets: Content areas other than the main page of content
- Plugins: tools that extend the functionality of a website
- Broken link checker, Image gallery & slideshow, FAQ, etc.
- Menus: where the navigation of a website resides
- Toolbar: Once logged in, the gray bar at the top that gives easy access to editing and logging out of the website
Log In/Log Out
- Use shortcut to log in: copyright symbol © or WordPress
- Hover over your name in the top right and click “Log Out” (PLEASE log out when you’re finished!)
Editing a Page
- Click the blue Edit link at the bottom of the page
- Click the Edit Page link at the top of the page in the gray toolbar
Tips on Editing a Page
- Use Headings to denote the structure of the page (Heading 3, Heading 4, Heading 5, Heading 6)
- Link to sentences or groups of words instead of a single word
(ex: Spring 2013 course schedule NOT Click here for the Spring 2013 course schedule)
Adding a PDF to a Page
- You can no longer copy and paste emails directly from our websites. This is for security purposes- we’ve implemented email obfuscation on all of our WordPress sites. However, you can still click on the email address to bring up a new email message.
If you’d like a video tutorial added on a specific topic or if you have any questions about the FAS websites, please email the Faculty of Arts and Sciences Web Designer, Jennifer Pope.